Thursday, June 9, 2011

Art on Achill - New Smartphone App Launched


I am delighted to announce the launch of ART ON ACHILL a new smartphone app for iPhone, and Android, as well as most other mobile platforms.

This is a project I have had in mind for some time now so I'm really happy for it to finally see the light of day.

ART ON ACHILL is designed to be a guide to my series of painting workshops that I hold on Achill Island each year. But there is much than that... here is a brief outline of what you can expect to find on it..

- Painting Workshops: Dates and details of all Padraig McCaul workshops for 2011, as well as some other paintings workshops being held on the island over the summer.
- Eat, Sleep & Drink: My own personal guide to some of the best places to stay, to eat and drink in on the island, including contact details and profiles.
- Achill's Artists: Profiles of some of the artists currently living and working on the island, as well as essays on some of the more famous artists that have been inspired by Achill such as Paul Henry and Robert Henri.
- Where to Paint?: In this section I have featured some of my own favourite places to paint on the island, and where I bring my painting groups to.
- Achill on Video: a selection of YouTube videos featuring Achill Island in all it's glory, and it's not all about painting!

To download ART ON ACHILL you can browse to www.artonachill.mobi on your smartphone, or you can scan the QR Barcode shown here. To do this you will need a QR Barcode Reader on your phone - which can be easily downloaded from the App Store or Android Market.

Or to view it in your browser just go to www.artonachill.mobi

No comments:

Post a Comment