Wednesday, June 29, 2011

2 New Paintings - Lahinch and Achill

Here are two more pieces I have just finished and which have just been released into the wild . (That is to say they are now available through the studio)

This first one is called "The Blue Road" and is based on a number of sketches I made in Achill for my Sentinels exhibition earlier in the year. I really like the atmosphere in this painting and those telegraph poles get a look in again. The canvas size is 60 x 60 cms.

The second painting is based on an old black and white photograph I came across of Lahinch Seafront, and is called....."Lahinch Seafront".

I really like this one, I think it captures the strength of the sea swirling at the base of the storm wall. It's an experience to stand on the seafront in the middle of a storm as the waves crash against the barrier walls, just feet away from the houses and businesses that look down on it. The canvas size is 50 x 50 cms.


No comments:

Post a Comment