Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Time To Come Out of Hibernation

It's the 1st of february and time to come out of hibernation!

Not that I've been sitting around doing nothing for the past month, but I just hate january and tend to keep my head down and wait for it to pass! In fact I've been busy, preparing for my upcoming solo exhibition which will be held in the Dalkey Heritage Centre from April 17th to 22nd.

Here is the first of the new pieces that I've just finished. No titles yet, but I am provisionally calling it "Still Lives #1". It is a single house, the first in a series of "house portraits" that I am doing as part of the show. Each "portrait" is devoid of any context or setting, leaving the buildings to stand on their own.

I have been using a Cold Wax medium on these new pieces, it gives a lovely matte sheen to the finished painting. Which I think helps to add to the mood and atmosphere of the painting.

I'll be adding new pieces to my website /blog as I finish them and I've started work on a new video to go with the exhibition - more on that later.

I've just been invited to give a painting demonstration to the High Loft painting group in monkstown in March. It's something I love doing so I'm really looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment