Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Paintings for the London Affordable Art Fair

I dropped in some new paintings to the Doorway Gallery today for the upcoming Affordable Art Fair in Hampstead, London. The gallery will be exhibiting at the fair for the first time and are heading over next week.

The Affordable Art Fair is runs from the 27th to 30th October.

"Clare Cottage", (30 x 30 cms) is one of the new paintings and is based on sketches I made over the summer when I was down around Doolin. A simple cottage with a red roof looking out over the Atlantic, with the cliffs (of Moher?) disappearing to the left.

"Hungry Hill", (50 x 50 cms) is another from the series of paintings I made of Hungry Hill in West Cork. I started this painting at the painting demonstration I gave for the Nutgrove Arts Festival in september. I love this old farmhouse with it's extension tacked on to the gable end.

Both paintings are now available through the Doorway Gallery. If you would like invitations to the Affordable Art Fair please contact Denise or Deirdre at the gallery www.thedoorwaygallery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment