Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Atlantic Tides, Achill - New Painting Unveiled

Here is a new painting that started out as a demonstration piece at one this summer's workshops on Achill Island. (And here's me setting up on the day)

"Atlantic Tides, Achill" (50x40 cms) will be on show as part of my autumn exhibitions in Whites of Wexford and the RDS.

The original demonstration version of the painting (below) featured on the blog a little while ago, so it's nice to be able put the two together to show the transition from "plein air" draft to the studio finished painting.


I had a 1 day painting workshop in my Delgany studio last week which I really enjoyed and we even got lucky with the weather - 24 degrees!
So we spent most of the day painting outside in the courtyard. I'm hoping for more of the same for my next 1 day workshop which I'll be running on November 12th (saturday).

I hope to have my spring/summer workshop dates for 2012 confirmed and up on my website by the end of this month. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment