Friday, July 6, 2012

Road Trip - Ardmore, Adrigole and Wexford

I'm just back from a road trip through clouds and sea fog, dropping off work for summer exhibitions in Wexford, Ardmore and Adrigole. The weather was appalling, visibility was no more than 50 feet for hours on end.
'The Gables' - Available in Ardmore Pottery & Craft Shop

First stop was Ardmore in Waterford,  which I believe is a beautiful seaside village - it's just that I wasn't able to see much of it with the fog and rain! But what I did see was stunning. I was invited to exhibit in Ardmore Pottery and Craft Shop last year and I'm really glad I took the opportunity this summer. It is situated on the cliff road out of the village, looking over the sea and magnificent Ardmore beach, and about 500 metres from the renowned Cliff House Hotel. The craft shop/gallery is owned and run by ceramicist Mary Lincoln and contains a great selection of Irish craft, ceramics and paintings. I think I'll be happy there :)



Back into the car and onwards to West Cork and the Hungry Hill Gallery in Adrigole, one of my favourite trips each year. Through more fog and clouds. But just as I drove into Adrigole three hours later a beautiful blue sky appeared and stayed for the evening.

'Mist Comes Down, Beara' - available in the Hungry Hill Gallery
I love when things happen like that. As ever the welcome and the hospitality from Gerry and Cecile was worth the trip alone. But the big bonus this year was that I got to meet their beautiful six month old daughter Amelie for the first time.
After a lovely home cooked meal and a bottle of Saint-Emilion Grand Cru that Gerry unearthed it was off to bed.



Next day, I'm back on the road and heading for Wexford to Whites Hotel. I have an exhibition running there for the month of July in the foyer. Whites Hotel is in the heart of Wexford Town and in some ways is the heart of the town. It acts as a meeting place for everyone and so is a lovely place to be able to exhibit.
Whites Hotel, Wexford. July 1st to 31st

I'm on the road again tomorrow, this time over to Achill Island where I have some painting workshops organised for next week - July 14/15. It never ends!



2 comments:

  1. I've been looking at your paintings for a little bit now. "The Gables" is my favorite, although it only just stands out in a crowd of your really fine artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot, and thanks for taking the time to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete