Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Good Week At The National Craft Fair - and One More To Come

Just finished exhibiting at the National Craft Fair. Five long days!

But it was worth it in the end. In fact it turned out much better than I had anticipated. I met lots of new admirers and the limited edition prints and Art Cards proved very popular, especially the boxed set of 15 cards and envelopes. All of which I had half expected.

But it was the interest in the original paintings that really surprised me, and what made the fair so worthwhile. Star of the show was "Westport Quays" (100 x 80cms) which sold on the last day. This particular painting, one of the "show" pieces of the autumn collection, had been attracting an amazing amount of comment and admiration since I started showing it in Wexford and then at the RDS Art Fair, so it was really nice to see it finally find a good home.

Another of the paintings that sold at the fair was "Atlantic Waves, Achill" which I featured in the blog a couple of months ago. I thought I had gone past that stage of not wanting to part with my paintings but these were two that I would have gladly held on to!

So the year is coming to a close but there is still time for a few more shows......

The christmas exhibition opens at The Doorway Gallery on thursday 8th december, I have a number of new pieces on show there. And I have just taken a stand at the Affordable Christmas Gift Fair which will be held next sunday (dec 11th) at the Royal Marine Hotel in Dun Laoghaire. The fair runs from 10m to 5pm so drop in if you are in the area. I will be exhibiting my prints and art cards and some small originals - all at "last chance" pre-Christmas special offer prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment