Friday, November 25, 2011

Winter 2011 Newsletter

Apologies to anyone who has received this Newsletter already! I have started to use a new platform to publish my Newsletter but not all of my subscribers have been switched over. So here, for those that have not received it yet, is my Winter 2011 Newsletter
..........................................................................................................................................

Hi,
It's that time of the year again, christmas lights starting to appear and a new budget looming! So another year almost over and lots to look forward to in 2012. But it's not over just yet and I'd like to take this opportunity to fill you in on some upcoming events as well as some good news stories...

Exhibitions:

National Craft Fair - RDS - 30th Nov - 4th Dec

I will be exhibiting at the National Craft Fair in the RDS for the first time this year. I've heard that it's very different to doing an Art fair but I'm excited about it. I will be exhibiting at Stand A55 in the Industries Hall (at the back of the main hall).

As well as showing my Oil Paintings, Limited Edition Prints and Art Greeting Cards, I will be offering my full collection of cards as a boxed set for the first time, ideal for a christmas present. The boxed set features 15 cards and envelopes and retails for €39.95 ($49.95 US Dollars). It can also be ordered online from my website.

And speaking of Christmas, my Art Gift Vouchers always prove popular around this time of year and are available online or through the studio (as well as at the craft fair).

Finally, I have been busy packing my Christmas Cards for the Craft Fair. Each set of 5 cards and envelopes costs €10 and can also be ordered online (postage included in the price). The card is based on the painting below "Snow on Achill" and have proved a real hit at Art Fair 2011 and the Wexford Opera Festival.


Snow on Achill, 40x40cms

Everything can be viewed on my website at: www.padraigmccaul.com
If you are planning to visit the Craft Fair you will find me in the Industries Hall (at the back of the main hall), stand number A55.

The Doorway Gallery Christmas Show - Dec 8th

The Doorway Gallery in Dublin will launch their christmas exhibition on Dec 8th with mulled wine and mince pies. I will have a number of small 10x8ins pieces on display which were especially painted for the show, as well as some of the work that was exhibited at the London Affordable Art Fair and the Edinburgh Art Fair.

Dalkey Heritage Centre - Nov 30th

I am taking part in "Ubuntu" - an exhibition in aid of breadline Africa which will be held at the Dalkey Heritage Centre. Organised by Jo Callanan, it will be opened by Sue Tulk and features the work of 6 artists. The exhibition runs from Nov 30th to Dec 1st.

News:

Achill Painting Workshops 2012

The dates for next year's painting workshops on Achill Island are now confirmed. They are...
May - 12/13
June - 9/10
July - 14/15
August - 6/7/8/9
August - 13/14/15/16
August - 20/21/22/23

The cost for the 2 days workshops are €125 and the 4 day workshops are €250. Full details are up on my website - www.padraigmccaul.com
Bookings can be made online and you have the option of paying in full or paying a €50 deposit.

Art on Achill App

My smartphone app Art on Achill seems to be proving very popular so far, with users finding the related infromation about Achill very helpful. If you haven't had a chance to look at it you can see an "full screen" version of it here - Art on Achill or you can scan the QR Code below to download it to your phone. (iPhone, Android, Windows are all supported)
I have updated it with all of my 2012 dates and will be adding some new content to it in the new year.

Failte Ireland to use "A Soft Day, Achill" for 2012 campaign

I received some great news earlier this month when Failte Ireland asked for permission to use one of my recent paintings - A Soft Day, Achill - in their upcoming campaign to promote the West of Ireland as a tourist location. As we all know, good news travels fast, but I was still pleasantly surprised to see that the story had already reached The Mayo News newspaper and was featured in last weeks edition. I've no idea how the image will feature, or if it will make the final cut at all, but it's exciting to know it was picked out by them.

(A Soft Day, Achill; 80x80cms)

US Magazine to Publish Interview and Profile in December issue

Finally, and keeping the best news till last, something that is definitely coming out on December 1st is a comprehensive interview and profile in the Ohio Irish American News magazine. And I was really honoured to find out that they will be using one of my images for the front cover of the december issue. This is something I have to say that I am very excited about, as one of my main objetives for the next few years is to raise my profile in the US and to work towards a number of exhibitions over there.

That's about it for now. Thank you for your continued support and I'd like to wish you a very happy christmas and a peaceful new year.
Padraig

No comments:

Post a Comment