Saturday, July 30, 2011

New Paintings for the Hungry Hill Gallery, Cork

I'm just back from a quick visit to West Cork. I was delivering some new work to the Hungry Hill Gallery in Adrigole, including this painting - "Still Day, Adrigole" 50 x 50 cms, which depicts a farmhouse looking out over Bantry Bay on a warm summer's day.

As part of my "job" I get to visit Adrigole at least once a year to deliver new paintings, and these trips have become one of the highlights of my year. Not only do Gerry and Cecille run one of Ireland's finest galleries and craft shops - Adrigole Arts and the Hungry Hill Gallery - they have also become great friends and are very welcoming hosts. So a trip to Adrigole always means good wine, great food and great company! And a little bit of business.

This time I was lucky enough to be in the gallery when they sold one of my favourite paintings of the year so far - "Looking Towards Hungry Hill". This is a painting that I featured a little while ago in a blog and one that I have chosen for my new range of greeting cards (of which I will be telling you a little more about next week). It's rare that I get to meet people who buy my work through a gallery so I was delighted to have had this opportunity.

I will be holding a 1 day painting workshop in the Hungry Hill Gallery on Saturday 10th september so watch out for more details in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment