Monday, May 16, 2011

Charity Auction - A Great Result

I was delighted to hear over the weekend that a painting I had submitted to the Welcome Home charity, run by Fr.Peter Mcvery made well above the reserve price. The painting was of an old farmhouse on the Doolin road in Co.Clare which I finished last month.

It's hugely rewarding to know that something I have produced can be of direct benefit to a charity like Welcome Home. If that sounds like I'm patting myself on the back then I'm really sorry, that's not what I mean at all. It's just that it serves as another reminder to me that what I am doing now - ie producing paintings - is a an amazingly rewarding career have. I'm just lucky that what I produce gives pleasure and joy to a lot of people (and in this case a little extra). It doesn't cause distress or grief. It doesn't require the manipulation of others to get the job done. It doesn't drive people to depression or cause endless sleepless nights.

In contrast it seems to enrich people's lives and no matter how many times I am told by admirers that my paintings mean a lot to them, it always leaves me feeling incredibly lucky to have stumbled upon a career where the end result only seems to have a positive impact on people.

Long may it continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment