Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Snow on Achill - New Christmas Card now Available

It's probably a little too early to be mentioning christmas but with the sudden drop in temperature this morning I'm not so sure anymore!

A good friend of mine suggested I make up some christmas cards (thanks Deirdre!) but I have to say I wasn't overly receptive to the idea at the start. What image would I put on them? I don't make christmassy paintings!

But then I came across some amazing photographs of Achill, taken last year by Sean Cannon when the island was blanketed in snow, more like the Swiss Alps than the West of Ireland. Sean is a long standing resident of Achill and is uniquely positioned to capture the ever changing beauty of Achill Island. It was one of Sean's images that inspired me to make this painting - Snow on Achill - 40 x 40 cms.

And from this painting I have produced a christmas card. The cards (and the painting) will be available at my upcoming shows at the Whites Hotel, Wexford and the Art Fair 2011 at the RDS in Dublin. The cards are also available to buy online from my website.

They are 150 x 150mm on 300 gm silk paper, with the message "Happy Christmas/Nollaig Shona" on the inside. They are sold in packs of 5 for €9.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment